Candida albicans are naturally occurring organisms in the human body that are normally harmless if kept in check but if disturbed could cause candidiasis or yeast infections on the mouth, skin, stomach, urinary tract and on the genital area. There are reports that about 75% of women will experience vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lifetime. People with compromised immune system like those who have HIV/AIDS are at high risk of developing candidiasis. Infants are more susceptible to oral candidiasis or oral thrush. Suffering from recurring candida infections can be very uncomfortable and painful so it is important to know how to stop chronic candidiasis to free yourself from pain and discomfort.
Symptoms of candidiasis can make one’s life miserable. For oral thrush, eating could be difficult because of the presence of white patches on the throat and painful skin cracks on the corners of the mouth. Blisters and skin rashes commonly occur on skin folds like under the breasts, in between the fingers of the hands and feet. For genital candidiasis, itchiness and genital discharge are the common symptoms. Imagine suffering from these symptoms over and over again if you failed to stop chronic candidiasis.
Overgrowth of Candida is the main cause of candidiasis. The normal amount of Candida is kept in check by good bacteria but once the good bacteria are overpowered by Candida, candidiasis could happen. The bacterial balance can be disturbed by weakened immune system, certain drugs like antibiotics and birth control pills, pregnancy, bacterial infections and health conditions like diabetes.
If you suspect that you have candidiasis, it is best to seek professional help to get the right diagnosis especially if you have recurring infections. There are many cases that people are taking antifungal medications for candidiasis but they actually do not have candidiasis. If you are sure that you have yeast infections or candidiasis, it is time to know the treatment options to stop chronic candidiasis.
Drug therapies. Antifungal medicines are the common treatments for candidiasis. Medicines can be over the counter medications or your doctor can prescribe antifungal medications depending on your symptoms. Medications may range from tablets and oral rinse for oral thrush and antifungal medicines in the form or creams or vaginal suppositories for genital candidiasis. With drug therapies, it is crucial to use or take the right medicine for your condition to stop chronic candidiasis.
Alternative treatments. Aside from drug therapies there are also alternative treatments that can be very helpful to stop chronic candidiasis.
- Diet modification to stop the growth of Candida. Sugar feeds Candida so you have to cut down on sweets. It is also important to avoid foods that contain yeast like bread, cheese and beer.
- Maintain or stay at the proper weight. A person is healthier if not overweight or underweight. A healthy body has high resistance to viruses and infections.
- Avoid irritants that could aggravate yeast infections like perfumed soap, scented toilet paper. For women, avoid douching and vaginal deodorant must be avoided unless prescribed by your doctor.
- Live organisms lactobacillus acidophilus found in plain yogurt helps restore the normal balance of bacteria in the body and prevents build-up of Candida.
- If you are taking antibiotics, talk to your doctor. Antibiotics could kill the friendly bacteria that keeps Candida in its normal level. Your doctor may recommend alternatives to antibiotics if you are suffering from chronic yeast infection.
- Herbs have medicinal properties and could be very helpful in treating diseases and strengthening the body’s resistance to infections. Garlic is one herbal treatment that could help stop chronic candidiasis with its antifungal properties. Of course you have to take caution in eating garlic if you have other health conditions because garlic could increase your risk of bleeding if you are taking blood thinning medications. Ask your health provider before talking any herbal treatment.
It is a great challenge to fight Candidiasis but with conscious effort and the right treatment, yeast infections can be beaten. To know more about yeast infections alternative treatments visit Natural Yeast Infection Cure
Tags: candida infection, candidiasis, cure for yeast infections, fast treatment for thrush, get rid of yeast infection, men infected with yeast infection, oral thrush, oral yeast infection, prevent yeast infection, stop overgrowth of Candida, stop recurring yeast infections, thrush, treat oral yeast infection, treating recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis, vaginal yeast infection, women's issues, yeast infection